Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Potty Treats and Stickers

We have officially begun the big adventure of potty training. Ave has been peeing in the toilet since 18 months but Mom wasn't quite ready to jump into training. So we have been slowly working on it. Ave has been showing such huge signs of readiness I had to buck up and start the long road to big girl undies.  We made her a potty chart, got stickers, and potty treats and let the fun begin. We are doing the diaper free method where we eradicated all diaper use except for during the night. Ave loves it! She is so excited to wear her big girl underwear and has only had a few pee pee accidents. We have yet to make it to the toilet for BM, she gets so embarrassed and hides to do her number 2 business. That is our challenge is to get the poo poo in the potty. I CAN'T WAIT!     

Ave has been making huge progress so quickly I am super proud of her. Her mischievous spirit has already came out and she has learned to trick the current system. She will now spread out her potty so that she goes and gets a treat/sticker. Then about 2 seconds later she goes again and gets her prize again. Her other trick is to drink a bunch of fluid so she goes a lot, I am ok with that though cause she's getting the habit down. Anyway, now I have to figure out what to do, I have to be consistent but she is taking advantage of the system. Currently, she is in time out due to sneaking in and getting into her potty treats and going to town. Let's hope I am smarter than a 2 year old!

NOTICE: Ave's swollen eye in the pictures. She decided to put Butt Paste diaper rash cream into her eyes and this is the result. Pretty gnarly stuff. One more kick in my butt to get her potty trained and get that stuff out of the house!   

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Butt Paste in the eyes?! That's gotta hurt! Good luck with the potty training---she's a smart girl, so I'm sure she'll be trained in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete