I am under the opinion that it is extremely important to a child's emotional growth to be social. Because of that belief I try to constantly expose Ave to new people and play situations. Since we have been in Houston I have been watching Evie, who has become Ave's new buddy. They are pretty funny together and are about the same age. Today Ave and Evie decided to "help" me put away dishes and the door of the washer soon became a drum. It's awesome to see Ave pulling herself up and standing!
Evie went on vacation and hadn't been over for awhile so when Ave saw her she wasn't sure about the new comer. But they both remembered each other shortly. They love to crawl right next to each other and what one does the other one has to copy. Evie is about a month and a half older so she challenges Ave to try new tasks. In the picture below Evie is whistling and Ave is absolutely AMAZED by this!
Ave is also learning from Evie how to share and play. They are extremely vocal as they play together! Ave's new favorite toy is the Panda Box, she climbs all over it ALL day long.
BABY FOOD
After the girls finished helping me in the kitchen it was time to get breakfast ready for Ave. Evie's Mom sends food for her so I just have to pop the top and feed. But I try to give Ave fresh organic food from scratch. I admit it is a bit more work but well worth it. Ave never has gas or colic and her BM's are very well formed and scentless. It's kind of weird but our family bases how our health is according to BM. What can I say when your husband changes diapers for a living you start to notice these things. Today I made Ave Eggs & Banana Pineapple Oatmeal enriched with breastmilk due to Ave no longer being interested in feeding. But I am determined to get a whole year of breastfeeding in as recommended so I pump and use it in her solids.
NOTICE: The yellow Bumbo seat that Ave is sitting in is a $3.99 find at the Goodwill! Just had to tell ya!
So this is Ave before we began to eat, she is always super excited and loves to try new things. She gets pretty impatient though, we are trying to teach her to sign "more food." She almost has it down, it's amazing how smart babies are.
This is during her feeding. She refuses to eat unless she can hold the spoon and put the food in her mouth. Because of this independence she is a huge mess when we are done eating. Jaimason always says, "Does she get any of that in her mouth?" And frankly I think a large majority of it doesn't make it! But it's our regular schedule now to bath after we have breakfast.
If you look closely in these pictures you can see Ave's little tan lines :) She loves the water and bath time! She especially likes splashing in water that is coming from the faucet. And I can't help but love her little bum!
Ave is growing and learning so fast! She has the cutest little personality and I feel so blessed to be her Momma!
SO cute!! I miss you guys!
ReplyDelete